- If you're not using "nonetheless" on a regular basis, you're not languaging right. #
- A toaster that toasts the weather report – http://t.co/DLcaV86L #
- I don't think we give engineers enough credit for almost every man made thing in the entire world. #
- @gfmorris Surprised that you're doing something on the internet you mean? Not really. #
- @cjhubbs When Laura and I were in Cuba there was always a piano in the lounge the no-one played. A niiice grand. So I played it. #
- I hate that the Autocad UI requires two clicks to perform an action on an unfocused window. Even to close. Not a very Windows-ish UI. #
- @gfmorris Not surprised, no. It's so easy to move now, I've done the same. I went from Flipbook to Prismatic that way. #
- @azizansari The food item or the microprocessors? #
- @gfmorris Just FYI, the RMFO planet links to my blogs are returning internal server errors. #
- This day could not be over soon enough. My goodness. #
- @gfmorris Isn't it? You always seem to reply on here when I send you emails 🙂 #
- @laurastargirl We always knew there were mice somewhere in there… I'll lay out some traps this weekend. #
- @laurastargirl Something to do with dust? #
- http://t.co/HhYu4dq4 – Google has added underwater photos to maps. Reef view, I guess? And it's AWESOME. #
- http://t.co/6QKddmZC – http://t.co/H1ksFgHQ agrees with me about Partners, all the way down to choice of words: Horseshit. #
- Reading the MCWiki on how half slabs work, I think I understand now why @notch hates them so much. Haaaaacky. #
- I'm pretty sure 20% of all email is Twitter nagging you to post or change your profile. Needy! #
- @AMHHolland A hearty amen to that. #
- So if anyone was watching, "Partners" is complete and utter horseshit. #
- @AMHHolland I haven't seen one except on mobile. Maybe because I use adblock on the desktop? #
- @AMHHolland Yay! I hate Target! #
- STOP ARGUING YOU STUPID SHIT #
- What's the point of a CAD drawing that you can't dimension properly because you've scaled it and then overwritten the dimensions? BAD. #
- The Mindy Project is a sitcom? I totally didn't get that from the pilot. #
- RT @laurastargirl Baby burrito! http://t.co/9Tsycvgs #
- @MatthewMayfield I have to give them credit, they sure do always sound like themselves. #
- Really good P20 test! That's encouraging. #
- @gfmorris YOU SON OF A SO AND SO #
- @jasonwindsor If it was, I could probably watch it. #
- @peter_vk Exactly! And I think it's actually harder to make a bad drawing than a good one! #
- Fuuuuuuuuuuu I hate salespeople. #
- Less than C class usage on most of these specials – it's time to make some cuts. #
- I'm not a pirate. I'm just alpha testing a next-generation content delivery system that content providers haven't accepted yet. #
From Black Kurasek’s Living Skyscraper site.. This isn’t what I see when I envision vertical farming, but it does fit the criteria (it’s vertical, it’s a farm). Even if it’s not practical, it’s pretty. Building and operating a farm that looks like this would definitely put to rest the idea that farming must be in some way ugly.
Click to embiggen:
This is the first time I’ve ever heard the original. I’ve only ever heard (that I can remember) remixes or covers. The original stands the test of time pretty well.
A new respiratory illness similar to the Sars virus that spread globally in 2003 and killed hundreds of people has been identified in a man who is being treated in Britain.
The 49-year-old man, who was transferred to a London hospital by air ambulance from Qatar, is the second person confirmed with the coronavirus.
The first case was a patient in Saudi Arabia who has since died.
The germ is a coronavirus, from a family of viruses that cause the common cold as well as SARS, the severe acute respiratory syndrome that killed some 800 people, mostly in Asia, in a 2003 epidemic.
WHO said virus samples from the patient are almost identical to those of a 60-year-old Saudi national who died earlier this year. The agency isn’t currently recommending travel restrictions and said the source of infection remains unknown.
It makes sense that I care about the Android ecosystem. I own several Android devices (3 at the moment). I have bought media from the Play Store (books and apps).
It’s good for me if Android does well. I don’t want to see the platform go the way of Blackberry or Nortel.
But it’s not good for me to start cheerleading. It’s not good to see Apple or Microsoft as the enemy. It’s not good to develop a me-vs-them complex.
It’s not good because these are just things, just companies, and they will, like everything, pass away. They are not my ticket to a better future. They are, in that sense, not my hope.
This is what geek sports is all about, isn’t it? We don’t have football teams or hockey teams, but we have platforms and programming styles and on and on. Things are are, in the grand scheme of things, little more important than sports.